So what does this eel have to do with being an author? Read further and find out!
79 degrees and 9 am. To all of you who received my email and it was unwanted I apologize. I am ironing out the gliches to perfect my mailing list to easily let readers know where I will be and when. Heck...my husband asked to be on the list...
WHAT I AM DOING.
NOT ON THE LIST ANYMORE (complete!)
My readers group chat saturday morning on ichat (with video and everything) with
THE WRITERLY PAUSE group in California. Note: They ate in front of me the entire time.
But I did have a blast talking to them!
1. Changing over primarily to firstname.lastname@example.org
gmail is lovely but it limits what I can do. I'm not interested in doing the spam thing. I want people on my list that want to hear from me. Please if you haven't already - email me at email@example.com so you are in my address book. I don't want to lose anyone!
2. trying Trying TRYing TRYING to do another pass on manuscript number 2 -- (which is actually manuscript 4) I need to prepare for the Maui Writers Retreat and it is HARD!!!! Because I spend my time: (see number 3)
3. Coping with distractions:
emails from friends who saw me on TV
"Was that you?"
"Hey I saw you!"
"Send me a copy of your book!"
"I didn't know you wrote a book!"
emails from my editor, agent, publicist 1, publicist 2, publicist 3, assistant to publicist 1, assistant to publicist 2, assistant to publicist 3, assistant to my agent, assistant to my editor, marketing person 1,2,3&4, Feature editor to send a photographer out, Photographer to figure out where I am, Thing 1 and Thing 2...
Being photographed on my boat, holding my billowing skirt down to cover my ass, and smiling...smiling...smiling...
4. Helping manic mom's blog do the contest - it is her Kuleana (as we say in Hawaii) I just had to make sure she got the list for whose entered for the drawing.
5. Finalizing my new website PATRICIAWOODAUTHOR.COM and driving the webmasters CRAZY (Kaha and my husband) with my continual little changes!
6. Reading all the blogs but having NO TIME to comment on my favorites...
7. Googling LOTTERY PATRICIA WOOD.
8. My neighbor knocking on my hull ("Did you know your sump has been running for hours and no water has been coming out?") EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!
This all is only a tenth of my list FYI
How are all these like a moray eels open mouth?
My time is eaten up eaten up eaten up...