Tuesday, September 23, 2008

AT SEA...BUT NOT CONFUSED OR ANOTHER ONE OF PAT'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURES...


It was only a matter of time. I needed to face my internet addiction full on. It was becoming apparent that emergency measures were necessary.
So…
After two amazingly fun events in Washington State:
The Gig Harbor Echo Bay Chapel Author’s Night
And
The most PHENOMENAL book club ever if nothing else due to size and creativity (and food fed to aforementioned author) held in Edmonds with the help of Third Place Books.
(They had name tags using LOTTERY tickets lol !!!)


I was forced to pack my suitcase and taken captive by Norwegian Cruise Lines and am now conscripted by the NORWEGIAN PEARL.
They lured me with the promise of wifi but it was all a hoax…
A grand deception instigated by my husband who’s desperate to read the revised version of my next novel…
So… You will see photos if it is possible to add them (I just did- they had to be a lot smaller!!!...maybe when we get into port and they trust me not to escape...
When they say limited internet capability.
They mean it.
Posts here will be random and spontaneous.
But you know what they say bloggers?
There’s nothing more effective than variable reinforcement.
I’ll be able to read and comment periodically so help me keep my spirits up while I am through-the-Panama-Canal bound and lolling by the side of the pool.
(And you Miami-ites? Put Books & Books on your schedule. I’ll be there October 11 at 7 pm!)
Excuse me…
It’s time for my shuffleboard lesson with Carlos…

12 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

Sigh... I am so envious of your life right now! Cruises... book clubs... adoring fans with creative name tags...

But the whole thought of not having internet... my stomach just knotted up and I broke out into a sweat! You are a brave, brave woman!

Have a great cruise, and if you need another beta reader, I'm waving my hand frantically! :)

ORION said...

okay I had to really make my photos smaller lol! Alas the quality suffers...
but I miss all my blogger friends so will haunt the internet cafe when I elude my captors...

Travis Erwin said...

Have fun!

The Anti-Wife said...

I love cruises. Make sure you spend lots of time in the spa having massages and getting pampered.

Joanne said...

Hm. This sounds like one of those family "interventions." Your addiction must've been bad. But the remedy, hey, kinda makes it worthwhile.

Dawn Anon said...

WHAT?!?! a revised version of the next novel? really!? i knew there was a WIP...but an entire revised version??

i
can't
wait!


oh yah...and have a great time. Lolling around the water sounds so good.

Tyhitia Green said...

Have fun and be safe. Oh, and did I mention, have lots and lots of fun? ;-)

Lisa R said...

Boat sitting is going well...though I think Touloose gets a bad rap because so far Girl Kitty has caused ALL the trouble! Have fun!

Holly Kennedy said...

*sigh* The life of leisure.

Must be nice, hotshot!

I'm guessing you don't use half the post-it notes I do to keep my life organized on a daily basis (see my latest blog post, Pat, re: the 9 year old nightmare)

ORION said...

am going there now lol!
(post its are being blown out of cabin on port side)

laughingwolf said...

wunderbra, pat!

figgers the hubster would be in on that EVIL trick to get you away from the net :O lol

Janna Leadbetter said...

Wow, you're already at the revised version of novel 2? Good on ya! Good luck with it, Patricia. And the trip looks fantastic!