I need to get in shape. Sitting on my butt in front of my computer does not give me the endurance to ride Baby Horse (Veritas).
I cantered him over a few jumps and I was on my lips after only 20 minutes.
I need to strike a balance between writing and real life.
Ignoring one to the exclusion of the other is not good, but I love to immerse myself in my stories.
What's a writer to do?
What do you do?
6:30 am and 74 degrees.
I do so enjoy hearing from my blogging friends.
Being analytical about how I write and hearing your creative processes.
This last day of 2006.
New Years Resolutions.
My resolutions include how to restore balance into my life.
You all are a part of that balance.
1. Lose 20 pounds.
(OK I admit it. This is always on my list. Maybe it's unimportant. Maybe it's not. All I know is our society dictates what we should look like...Ah well I am prisoner to its conventions.)
2. Don't worry - Be happy. What will be will be. Enjoy the process of writing and publishing. This is my debut year. 2007.
It will never be this way again. Savor each day. (This one's due to you Holly!)
3. Slow down. Look. Breathe. Don't be hasty. Allow rather than force. (This one's due to you, Paul!)
4. Ride my horses an extra day a week. Alone. Not chatting. Just working. Lengthening. Shortening. Gymnastics. Increase my endurance back to when the horse show was my obsession du jour. (This ones due to you Brendan and you,too, Veritas & Airborne)
5. Add to my works in progress everyday. A line. A few words. Pages. Whatever it takes but add. Do not stagnate. Do not become complacent. Do not be so focused on being published that the joy of writing is lost.
6. Limit my online time. Read my favorite blogs and add to mine, comment when warranted, answer my emails. Limit myself to 30 minutes in the morning or evening. (My agent and publisher are exempt from this rule. There are times I must spend more time with them.) I love all my blogging buddies but I have to resist the dark side! I can spend hours reading and responding to blogs. In the new year it is time to put a limit on this decadence and move on.
7. Appreciate what I have and what has happened to me. Let love be the defining force in my life.
(This one is for my husband Gordon.)
Seven things. I think I can manage seven things.
What are your resolutions?